Things are a little crazy in the shop this past week or so – and it’s not even Christmas week! We could be excused for thinking it was, given the pace at which the customers are coming in the door and the meat is flying out!
In these unprecedented and unexpected times of extraordinarily high demand, we’d like to assure our customers that while things could change at any time, we are still receiving fresh deliveries every day and at this stage it is still business as usual from our suppliers.
We are looking at adjusting our opening hours to allow the team time to get ahead with preparations for the day and when you visit, we may have limited supply of some items that take longer to prepare or are more in demand. Our focus is on keeping up with the essentials that people are wanting for their freezers to survive a 14 day self-isolation – steak, mince and sausages!
On the virus front, it is important that we all do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19. At Penny’s we are constantly following the guidelines set out by NSW Health, the WHO and FairWork NSW in terms of our team and are making sure that they all remain vigilant in maintaining the highest standards of health and safety precautions regarding the current pandemic.
In addition to all current governmental guidelines regarding travel, self-quarantine and hygiene, we are asking our team to make sure to:
- Wash hands after every cash sale
- Maintain excellent hand hygiene by regularly cleaning hands thoroughly with soap and water
- Practice good cough etiquette by covering their coughs and sneezes with tissues or clothing
- Remaining at home if they are feeling unwell
- Wiping down surfaces in the shop with disinfectant more often than usual throughout the day
We would also ask that you help us to help you when visiting our store by:
- Keeping some distance from other customers
- Using card rather than cash for payment
- Staying away if you are unwell or have travelled overseas in the last 14 days
- Visiting the store with clean hands
As a community, we are all dealing with rapidly changing times and circumstances which can be frantic and stressful. We’d like to remind everyone to remember to please remain calm and courteous and to be kind to each other. There is no need to panic. We’re all in this together and our team is here to help you as best we can.
Thank you all for your cooperation, patience and support, we look forward to seeing you in store soon!
The Penny’s Team